Automated rules let you make changes in your account automatically, based on the settings and conditions you choose. You can change your ad status, budget, bids, and more.
Rules Action List
There are the following actions available for automated rules in Google Ads:
- Enable campaign/ad group/ads/keyword
- Pause campaign/ad group/ads/keyword
- Change campaign budget
- Change ad group/keyword bids
- Change keyword bidding
- Change labels
- Send Email
How To Set Automated Rules
- Go to the Campaign, Ad Group, or Keywords page where you’d like to create an automated rule.
- Click the 3-dot icon above the statistics table.
- Select Create an automated rule.
- Or just select campaign/ad group/ad/keyword on which you’d like to apply an automated ruleclick Edit select Create an automated rule
- Add a rule name
- Under the “Action” drop-down select the desired option:
- Enable campaigns
- Pause campaigns
- Change budgets
- Set new budget
- Increase budget
- Decrease budget
- Change labels
- Send email
- Select campaign, you want this rule to be applied
- To add a condition, click in the “Conditions” section to add a condition.
List of Automated Rules conditions:
For example, let’s say you want to increase your daily budget by 10% if you’re getting more than 5 conversions.
All you need to do is to choose Converions condition and set to > 5
- Define the frequency of your rule.
Set using data from Yesterday if you want the automated rule to analyze your performance for a complete yesterday’s day
- Choose the type of email updates you’d like to receive on issues affecting your rule.
- Click Preview to ensure you’ve set up your rule to run the way you want. Previewing is just for verification and doesn’t make any permanent changes to your account.
- When you’re done, click